The Controller's Office serves the entire University system. Our organization is collectively responsible for supporting departments, colleges, and campuses in their financial operations. If you conduct the business, we've got the tools, systems, procedures, and policies to get the work done. Our goal is to make the business of the University efficient and cost-effective, so people can focus on teaching, research, and outreach.
Our departments perform a wide range of services focused on reducing costs and increasing efficiency. We are also responsible for supporting the University's enterprise financial systems. Processes, systems, and controls are designed so that the University has timely, accurate, and complete financial information for decision making.
For our own team members, we strive to create a positive environment that fosters talent.
Our most visible work products are the University's annual financial statements, reporting our financial health. The University's financial statements are available on this site, choose Annual Reports from the menu.
Special Projects or Initiatives
Enhancements to the financial system, business process updates or changes, and other efforts are managed using a standard project process. When major initiatives are underway, information about the effort will be distributed to the University community and posted on this website.
The Controller's Office works closely with:
- Office of Human Resources
- Office of Information Technology
- Office for Supplier Diversity
- Sponsored Projects Administration
- U Market Services
- Certified Approver Community of Practice
- Financial Management Advisory Committee (FinMAC)
- Financial Systems User Network (FSUN)
- Other University Finance units
- And all those with finance-related responsibilities or in finance positions across the University.