Budget and Finance Operations Guidance Related to COVID-19
Updated May, 2021
This page provides links to guidance from the following systemwide units and programs:
- University Budget Office
- Office of Investments and Banking
- University Finance
- Controller's Office
- Accounting Services
- Accounts Receivable Services
- Financial Training
- Internal & External Sales
- Purchasing Services
- Sponsored Financial Reporting
- U Travel Program
- Controller's Office
Funding Guidelines - Costs Related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), email March 17, 2020 (This message was also sent to a broader community by the Controller's Office on March 27, use of special CF2 code 1000018130). Use of this code is not required for FY2022.
Summary, financial policy exceptions, changes, and interpretations - COVID-19, published April 17, 2020
- Financial Guidance related to COVID-19 for Sponsored Awards, email April 14, 2020
Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Travel, and Business Expenses
Summary of Purchasing guidance, published April 17, 2020
MyU > Purchasing tab, purchasing advice, posted as of March 25, 2020 (created March 17, 2020)
Ordering PPE and cleaning supplies, systemwide message from University Services and the Office of the Vice President for Research (May 8, 2020)
Travel: Employee Travel Costs and COVID-19, web page published March 10, 2020 (updated November 20, 2020)
Accounts Payable continues to run a modified Daily Pay Cycle as of March 23, 2020.
- Paper checks will only be processed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- ACH payments will continue to be processed every day Monday through Friday.
- V-Card payments will continue to be processed each Thursday.
- Express Checks (same-day) will NOT be processed. Use form UM1734 to request a change to a voucher's pay date to have a check printed on the next Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.
- In person check pick up: Special handling checks (DS - Disbursement Services/Donhowe, EB - Morrill Hall, and SP - Saint Paul) will be available for pick up only in the WBOB first floor front lobby (1300 S 2nd Street, Minneapolis MN 55454) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. A picture ID is required for check pick up.
COVID-19 Emergency Compensation: Funding Impacts for Payroll Related Expenses, email March 27, 2020
External Sales and Recharge Centers
Recharge Center Rate Development and Deficit Guidance Due to COVID-19 Impact, email June 11, 2020
Financial Guidance to Recharge Centers related to COVID-19, email April 1, 2020
General Accounting and Finance
Accounting for Supplies/Equipment Donated to COVID-19 Response, email March 30, 2020
Cash Handling, Deposits, Investments and Banking
Updates on handling checks and cash deposits, email March 25, 2020
Beginning August 13, 2020, the Office of Investments and Banking will be on campus Thursdays to fill change orders. Currency/coin orders must be sent to email@example.com no later than 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning for Thursday delivery. The additional time is needed because there is a national coin shortage. Patience is appreciated, as the bank may need to decline some orders to meet coin requests for other clients.
Cash Deposit Drop Boxes: Brinks will pick up from the Phillips-Wangensteen Building (PWB) drop box once per week. As of 1/14/2021 the Coffey Hall drop box is also open (St. Paul Campus).
Fall 2020 Semester Return to Campus Plans summary document dated August 18, 2020.
MyU > Key Links > PeopleSoft > EFS News content, posted as of March 27, 2020 (created March 16, 2020)
Financial Training update, email March 23, 2020
Financial Helpline is available via firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-1617.